Water Damage? Call The Pros
Heavy rains can create a disastrous and stressful situation. According to the American Insurance Association, water damage claims grow faster than other homeowner’s insurance claims. Every year about one in fifty homeowners will experience water damage and file a claim.
At SERVPRO of Central of Indianapolis, our certified professionals have specific water damage training and will walk through this difficult and confusing time. If you need water emergency services, we recommend calling SERVPRO Team Olson to help you with your water damage.
Tips - What You Can Do Until Help Arrives
- Evaluate if the house is safe to stay inside.
- If your property is safe, remove slip and fall hazards.
Steps to Take After Flooding
- Stop the water source or minimize the flow of water entering your property.
- Try to remove excess water by using a mop, a wet vacuum, or a cloth.
- Clean and dry small areas affected by water damage.
- Protect carpet and furnishings in the affected area.
- Remove valuable items, including personal items, jewelry, and heirloom items.
When you call SERVPRO of Central Indianapolis, a customer services representative will go through some quick questions to help better assess your situation. The following are examples of questions they will ask:
- Name and Contact information.
- Location of the affected property.
- Source if the water damage.
- Approximately time the water damage occurred.
- Rooms affected by the water damage.
- Have you seen signs of mold growing anywhere in the structure or contents?
An immediate response is needed to minimize damage, cleaning time, and restoration costs of your property. SERVPRO of Central Indianapolis professionals will get to work quickly on mitigation damage and restoring your home or business.