Mold in Your Indianapolis Home or Business
Mold is a sign of a moisture problem in your home or business. This moisture issue needs to be addressed to prevent mold from growing. The mold can be hazardous to your health and should be removed and treated by mold remediation professionals.
Moisture Is Molds Friend
Mold happens as a result of excessive moisture. While mold out in the woods is perfectly fine, mold in your home or business is not good. Moisture in your home can be from a leaky pipe, cracks in the foundation, gaps around your door or windows, poorly ventilated bathroom, and a damp basement or crawlspace, to name a few. It’s essential to address the moisture problems quickly; otherwise, mold can start to grow, causing even further damage to your home.
Address the Moisture Problem
If your bathroom, basement, or crawl space smells musty, you probably have a moisture problem. While a dehumidifier may remove some moisture from a basement, you want to identify what is causing the excessive moisture and fix the root of the problem. Moisture in a basement and crawl space can be caused by poor drainage from your home’s perimeter. It can also be caused by cracks in your foundation, leaky pipes, or condensation from poorly insulated pipes.
Moisture in a bathroom is usually caused by poor ventilation. After taking a shower, it is recommended to open the bathroom door to allow the excess moisture to escape and air out of the bathroom. You may also want to ensure the exhaust fan is working correctly and running when taking a shower.
By addressing the moisture problem and preventing it, you can significantly reduce the risk of mold growing in your home or business. However, even if you don’t spot any mold around a moisture problem, it is still a good idea to have mold remediation professionals, like SERVPRO, examine your home for mold spores.
If you spot mold in your home, it is highly recommended to call the SERVPRO of Central Indianapolis mold experts. Our professionals will inspect, assess, and remediate your mold problem. As mentioned earlier, the first step in mold remediation is fixing the moisture problem. The next step is to keep the mold from growing further. Once the mold is contained, it is removed along with mold-infested materials like drywall and insulation.
It’s important to note that mold spores are microscopic and naturally occurring inside and outside a home. Therefore, mold spores are not dangerous and cannot be removed completely. However, when mold spores are exposed to moisture, they can quickly grow into mold colonies, leading to health problems. When this happens, you should call mold remediation pros at SERVPRO of Central Indianapolis to remediate the mold problem.
If you should spot mold in your home, call the mold remediation experts at SERVPRO of Central Indianapolis at 317-243-0896 for 24-hour emergency service. We have specialized equipment, professional training, and certifications that allow us to restore your home or business to its pre-mold condition.